When it’s clear that your roof is severely damaged or is approaching the end of its lifespan, experts often recommend that you have your roof replaced immediately. Unfortunately, some homeowners tend to disregard this advice as they tend to make the mistake of thinking it can be solved by a patch job instead. What they don’t realize until it’s too late, however, is that doing so can have severe repercussions for them in the long run.
In this post, the metal roof installation pros of Dynamic Roofing Concepts, Inc. lists the five consequences of not replacing your roof on time, starting with:
- Mold – Severely damaged roofing systems that aren’t replaced as soon as possible leaves your home vulnerable to leaks. Unfortunately, there are times when these leaks are hard to spot until they’ve already caused something more problematic for your home: molds. Molds is a health risk that can be costly to rectify once it has set in so avoid this as much as you can by having your roof replaced if needed.
- Increased Energy Bills – Another negative effect of neglecting a roof replacement is a sudden increase in your energy bills. This is because the same holes that allow moisture in your home can also let hot or cold air out during the season you need them, which in turn can make your heating and cooling system work harder than usual.
- Pests – If your roof is damaged, it can allow pests such as termites, squirrels, rats, and ants to enter your home and build their nests in various places you wouldn’t want them to. If left unchecked, these pests can cause major damage to your home so make sure you have your roof replaced immediately if you need to.
- Devaluing Your Home – A severely damaged roof that isn’t replaced immediately can also reduce the overall value of your home. After all, the roof plays a large role in your home’s aesthetic appeal and a potential buyer can think twice about buying your home if they don’t want to deal with the renovations. To replace a damaged roof, simply turn to the metal and tile roofing pros of Dynamic Roofing Concepts, Inc.
- Moisture Damage – As stated before, a damaged roof can allow water to enter your home and cause moisture damage. Unfortunately, this moisture damage can be detrimental to the stability of both your roof and home so have your roof replaced immediately if it’s clear that it’s damaged.
Planning to install a shingle roof in your home soon? Look no further than Dynamic Roofing Concepts, Inc. When it comes to residential and commercial roofing services, we are the number one professionals to approach and we won’t let you down! Give us a call at (813) 657-7663 or fill out our contact form to get a FREE quote. We serve homeowners in Tampa, FL, and other nearby areas.