When you have a commercial roof installed, you’re making a major investment. Although it’s easy to forget about the new roof up there on top of your home, it still needs attention. The same is true of your commercial roof warranty. However, when it comes to commercial roofing warranties, some property owners don’t always understand what exactly it entails. In this post, commercial roofing company, Dynamic Roofing Concepts Inc., explains what a roof warranty is and what voids it.
A roof warranty is issued by your roof’s manufacturer. Manufacturer or factory warranty provides coverage for roofing problems caused by factory defects, such as premature roofing failure. A commercial roof installation may be covered by one of the following four types of manufacturer warranties:
1. No Dollar Limit (NDL) Warranty — A roof with a “no dollar limit” warranty means the manufacturer will provide coverage for all types of material defects regardless of the cost of replacement materials. This provides the best coverage as far as manufacturer warranties go. However, note that NDL warranties do not cover labor costs or structural repairs.
2. Manufacturer’s Material Warranty — It’s not uncommon for a commercial roofing installation to be made of materials from different manufacturers. With this type of warranty, a manufacturer may cover just the materials that they have manufactured. It is possible to have multiple manufacturer’s material warranties on a single roofing system.
3. Manufacturer’s Labor and Material Warranty — This type of warranty provides coverage for both materials and labor, up to a certain dollar limit. This means the bigger roof and/or the more complicated the nature of the repair work, the quicker the dollar limit is reached. Any amount above the dollar limit will have to be paid for out of pocket.
4. Manufacturer’s Roof System Warranty — This is also known as a “membrane only” warranty because it only covers the roof repair costs of the main roofing material. The term “membrane” refers to the single-ply roofing materials like TPO or EPDM, which, unlike traditional commercial roofing systems, consist of a single layer of material installed over the substrate.
1. The warranty may be voided on grounds of neglect if you fail to have your roof inspected regularly.
2. Performing unauthorized modifications on your roof such as adding mechanical equipment can also compromise your roofing system and void its warranty especially if the equipment wasn’t installed by a professional.
3. Failure to address storm damage with the aid of a professional as it is your responsibility to mitigate the damage your roof sustains during strong storms.
Find a professional roofing contractor you can trust to help you stay in compliance. A good metal roofing contractor will maintain records of every inspection and service along with photo documentation as proof that the service and repairs have been completed, which can be provided to the manufacturer as proof of compliance. Stay on top of your roof, and make sure you understand how to take the best care of it. After all, a good warranty is never a thing to waste.
Here at Dynamic Roofing Concepts, we believe that our roofing repairs and replacements should stand the test of time. We know you have choices when it’s time to choose a roofing company, and we are committed to keeping all transactions honest and transparent so you know just what you are getting.
Call us today at (813) 510-1166 or fill out our online request form for a free estimate, and to learn more about how we will earn your trust and become your preferred roofing company. We serve clients in Tampa, FL.
Dynamic Roofing Concepts
Dynamic Roofing Concepts Inc. is a family owned and operated company that offers affordable and high quality roofing.
Dynamic Roofing Concepts Inc.
416 E Windhorst Road Brandon, FL 33510